Sunday, June 3, 2007



What a wonderful gift I have been given by my very dear friend. She is the one who talked me into starting a blog, and then she had it designed for me. I just wish I lived closer to her, so that I could be there to help with all the "stuff" she is going through. She knows I will pick up and go, if she needs me.

This has been a crazy week. My brother was diagnosed with Prostrate cancer a couple of weeks ago. He had surgery on Wednesday, and I was able to be there for him and to help his wife. Being able to be there for my family is one of the many reasons I have moved back to Texas. In the meantime, my above mentioned friend was going through all these medical tests, and not knowing what was going on. I am so grateful for her tremendous faith, and the seeds she has sown to make my faith grow. This week was also the 15th anniversary of the death of my husband. A real roller coaster of emotions went by this week.

God is so good. I had not been back home for more than a short time when I received word that my Mom had fallen in the garden. (I was at Walmart getting my brother's prescriptions.) Thankfully, she only bruised her elbow and a couple of squash plants. I guess we need to keep her out of the garden.

So, you can see, that I have been putting the pieces together all week, and entwining them with my faith in God to protect us all.

2 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

To my kindred spirit - I am so glad you like your blog!! Thanks for your kind words - you KNOW that those thoughts and feelings run both ways!! Hope this is an easier week for both of us, and for pete's sake - SAVE THE GARDEN!! love ya lots, K

Joan said...

:) The garden is always worth it!

Great to "meet you"!

Maggie