Thursday, July 24, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Isn't he the cutest thing? Can't wait to see him, his Mom, Aunt and Grandparents. (His Daddy is serving our country as a Marine aviator stationed in Iraq.) See what the baby is up to in my blog list under "LimaBean." I will tell you all about it when I come back.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Ok...I guess I have procrastinated enough and have to play the game, or my BFF with give up on me all together.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? This is pretty hard, because I don't even remember what I did yesterday, so 10 years was a long time ago. I was living in Summerville, SC, working at an elementary school in Berkeley County...as a Library Media Specialist. I had just gotten my Masters in Library and Information Science from the University of South Carolina a couple years before. My son was in the Army and may have been stationed in Bosnia then, but if not, he was at Ft. Hood, Texas in the First Cav. I had been a widow for six years at the time. I was very involved with the LowCountry Emmaus Community and Chrysalis of the Low Country. I had no thoughts of retiring and moving to Texas, but look at me now!
2. Name my five favorite snacks: Well, since I like most everything, I guess I would have to say: 1. ice cream, 2. cheese sticks, 3. Sonic peach tea (does that count as a snack?), 4. chips, 5. cheese balls and crackers. NO, chocolate is not one of my favorite snacks. In fact, it would be WAY down the list ... yes, I know, I am weird.
3. Five things that were on my to do list today: 1. Go to the sewing room and work. 2. Do some laundry. 3. Catch up on the reading for my Bible study. 4. Go to the visitation of one of my Dad's coffee drinking buddies who passed away this week. 5. Finally complete this tag.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I would pay off the Family Life Center at Stallsville UMC in Summerville (my church here seems to have plenty of money, and I know Stallsville doesn't). I would tithe to my church here. I would buy my son a house, and of course, pay off this one. I would hire a housekeeper, because I hate to clean the house. I would give lots of money to Water Missions International so that they could provide clean drinking water where ever it was needed. AND I would take lots of trips to see my adopted grandson Collin and his family.
5. Five jobs I have had: I have worked in Libraries most of my life, whether it be the public, junior high, college or elementary school library. I tried to sell World Book encyclopedias one summer, and Sarah Coventry jewelry another. I was part time assistant property manager for my apartment complex in Dallas and was a baby sitter for a company in Charleston.
6. Five bad habits of mine: The worst one is being the great procrastinator (therefore, one of the reasons it took me so long to do this). Starting too many projects and never finishing them. Not exercising or eating healthily. Gossiping. Taking people for granted.
7. Five places I have lived. Kenmore, NY. Munich, Germany. Plattsmouth, Nebraska. Tonawanda, NY. Newfane, NY. Syracuse, NY. Olean, NY. Angelica, NY. Huntsville, TX. Dallas, TX, Memphis, TN. Summerville, SC. Bryan, TX. Oops, you only wanted 5 didn't you?
8. Five random things people wouldn't know about me: Most people wouldn't know that I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers. I love visiting San Diego, California. I have a niece that was in the Marine Corps and had two tours of duty in Iraq. I miss my yaya terribly. I know, that is only 4, but I am such an open book, I can't think of any others.
9. Five cds that I'd have to take on a desert island: All I would need is my IPOD. I have a whole bunch of electic stuff on it. Of course, I would much rather have books than cd's any day.
Whew, this has been a chore. I am so glad it is over. Yaya, I hope you are happy now!