Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mid-July already!

I can't believe that it is the 15th of July already! Where does the time fly off to? This has been a busy few weeks. My quilt guild had their summer retreat the last week-end in June. There were 24 of us at a really nice retreat center near Independence, Texas (http://www.heartlandcountryinn.com/buildings.html). We had a great time and accomplished alot. We each were asked to make a block from pink and white fabric. One lucky winner received all the blocks to make a quilt with. My friend, Linda, was the lucky winner, and she is shown here with the retreat committee. I was able to finish my July "button-up" which you can see in the side bar.






We were given a project to do. A block had been made and we were to add borders to it and the finished quilt will be donated to the Cancer society. I was part of the first group and here we are examining the center and deciding what we will do with it.




And here is the finished product. Pretty good looking, if I do say so myself. You can see our pictures at






Fourth of July found me visiting my son in the hospital. He had another attack of pancreatitis. He was not happy to be in the hospital, but fortunately he caught it early and was only there until Saturday morning and is fine now. He just needs to watch what he eats.


The Stovall family reunion was held at my cousin's house near Brownwood, Tx last weekend. There were about 40 of us (not nearly as many as there could have been). We always have a great time...lots of food, visiting and Bingo. We also cleaned up around Dad's grave while we were there. It was a sad time.


I leave on Thursday to visit my chosen family in Tampa and see my new adopted grand-baby.



Isn't he the cutest thing? Can't wait to see him, his Mom, Aunt and Grandparents. (His Daddy is serving our country as a Marine aviator stationed in Iraq.) See what the baby is up to in my blog list under "LimaBean." I will tell you all about it when I come back.

1 comment:

Val said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I have really enjoyed it.