Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My quilts



Let me tell you about my quilts. The "Wild Wild Women" quilt is one that I did for our Guild's annual challenge. We had to use a recognizable amount of the red bandana fabric (the border) in the quilt and it had to use the theme "the wild, wild West." I saw this in a magazine and decided that instead of French "Ooh LA LA" I would make it wild Western women.

The South Carolina quilt is one that the Ducks (my splinter group from the Cobblestone Quilt Guild in Charleston) did for me. A couple of years ago, 26 of us decided to make 26 of the same block (something that depicted South Carolina) and have a swap. This is one of only two of the quilts that have been finished. The other was done for my good friend Ann, when she was having bone marrow transplant. I am very honored to have this quilt. Both quilts are being entered in our quilt show to be held in October.

1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

Hey - I really like that blue quilt - the colors are beautiful - like the ocean...love ya, K