Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Quilt Show


The Brazos Bluebonnet Quilt Show was held this past weekend. It was amazing to see a show from start (when the drapes are put up and the quilts are hung)until the finish (when the quilts are taken down and the drapes are folded up and put away. What an undertaking. It was a tiring weekend, but the committee did a great job and the quilts were beautiful, as you can see in the pictures.

To my amazement, my "Wild, wild Women" quilt won a 2nd place in the viewers choice for the challenge quilt division. We were challenged to make a quilt using a specified fabric (bandana print) and following the theme of the "Wild, wild West." The quilts were hung at the show and the public chose their favorite. (These quilts were not judged by the judges.) The quilts will be given to charities, except for the top three, which were auctioned off. I hated to see my quilt go, but I hope the person that bid on it will enjoy it.

1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

You go girl!! I am so proud of you!! Now - I need to learn how to do this quiting thing so that I can make a quilt for the baby, and my beach quilt!! love, K