Friday, May 30, 2008

Mother's Day, Birthdays, oh my.


I decided this Spring that I was not going to host all the "celebrations" that the family does together. Dad always insisted on having everyone "home" for these special days, but I think that was just because it was easier for him not to drive. Now we can share the wealth and get together at the homes of some of the siblings.

Pam, in Round Rock, had everyone to her house for Mother's Day. Mom and I drove over on Saturday and spent the night, which is another new adventure for us. We had five us, four Grands and two and a half Great-Grands, plus in-laws, etc. We had a great time and lots of good food.

Mom's 84th birthday was celebrated in the woods, at my brother's house. Pete and Lee leave on the lake, five miles from the paved road on a dirt road. It is a great place, very peaceful and quiet. Unfortunately none of the other kids could make it, but we had a grand time.

I have been busy doing some quilting. The picture is of the June button-up that I made. I will have one for every month. The panels button on to a background quilt, and are fun to make. It looks a little cock-eyed in the picture, but that is because I couldn't get a very good shot of it. I am tryiang to organize my sewing/computer room, but I think it is a lost cause. I have too many projects and not enough time. (sound familiar?)

3 comments:

KK said...

One K!! Love your "button up." Glad to see you are posting again.

charlestonyaya said...

Hope you had a great weekend away!! I had an incredible time at Pawleys - and made it to NC Sunday afternoon. Heading to Mom's on Thursday, but have a couple of stops to make on the way. Guess we both are ready to blog again!! Counting the days, K

Cheryl Nichols said...

I like your Carolina Girl under the Texas Star!!! Where did you get that?