Sunday, August 12, 2007

Playing with Berni




I have a new love in my life! I bit the bullet last week and bought myself a new, fancy "sewing computer," as Bernina is calling their machines. I think it must do everything except cut out the fabric. I have been playing all weekend, discovering new stitches and things the machine will do. I have almost finished two bags. There is so much new they give me 8 hours of free lessons just to learn! My niece bought one too, and her mother (my sister Peggy) will be taking lessons with us. She will probably end up buying one in the future. Just need to clean up my sewing/computer room so that I can do some of the projects that I have planned. (Like a baby quilt for little Lima Bean.)

I have also had the pleasure of sitting for one of my Grand-puppies this weekend. She is an English Coon Hound and is named "Annabelle." And, guess what! I have seen no evidence of 'coons or pack rats in the yard. Could be that we just might have taken care of the problem. I hope so anyway.

2 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

OK - I am sooo jealous, but thrilled for you and Bernie!! Call me tonight, late - I have some news for you!! love your Kindred Spirit, K

charlestonyaya said...

well I guess you and Bernie are still at it!! K