Sunday, August 26, 2007

The week that was!


What a week. Spent a couple of afternoons in the Sewing Room working on quilting my "Wild Wild Women" quilt. It is looking pretty good, if I do say so myself. I am proving to myself that I can quilt my smaller quilts myself, on my machine. I am doing this one on Ken....because it had already been started there, and I am not ready to tackle Berni and the BSR yet. I have completed a couple projects on Berni....two cute little bags for two of my nieces.

We got a call Thursday evening that a cousin in Brownwood (about 200 miles from here) had passed away. She had been in a nursing home for several year suffering from Alzeheimers and was in really bad shape. She had lost an enormous amount of weight and could no longer swallow. Really a sad, sad disease, but she did die peacefully, with her family around her. We drove up there Friday and returned after the funeral yesterday (Saturday). A really long way to go for such a short time, but Dad and Mom wanted to get back to their own comfort zones. It was nice to see my two aunts and all the cousins, but isn't it sad that we see each other only at sad times. To make the trip even longer, Mom left her purse at the restaurant where we stopped for dinner last night. I had to drive back up there after church this morning and retrieve it. Luckily, it was only about 50 miles away.

On a happy note, we have a BIG wedding next weekend. My niece (Pam's daughter) is getting married to a really nice young man. They both work in Emergency Management in the Dallas area, so we are praying that no hurricanes pop up (especially since they are honeymooning in the resort areas of Mexico that were just missed by Dean) and no emergencies take place. This will be a happy time that family is together. Can't wait to see Mollie and Megan who are flying in from Maryland.

No comments: