Friday, August 17, 2007

Playing with Ken


Today was playing with Ken day. My Kenmore sewing machine that is. A group of dear ladies has invited me to join them in their sewing room. They have rented a small space in an office building downtown (you have to remember that Bryan is rather small....downtown is less than 5 miles from my house). They have a huge cutting table, sewing stations, ironing board, etc. etc. Kinda like KK's sewing studio, only not as nice. Anyway...they have invited me to join them, and I moved my extra (since Berni has arrived) machine (a Kenmore) to the sewing room. I can go there any time I want 24/7 and sew to my hearts content. I worked on quilting my "Wild, Wild Women" quilt, since the show in in less than 2 months and I have entered it in the challenge division. There is plenty of space to spread it out, which I don't have at the house, so it is nice to have a place to sew, and a place to escape when I need it.

Erin blew into Texas this week. Lots of rain and flooding in Houston and San Antonio, but luckily for us, just some heavy rains. It has managed to cool us off some, which was so needed. I just don't like those 100+ temps.

Sister Pam is coming over tomorrow so we can shop for an outfit for her daughter's rehersal dinner in 2 weeks. It is going to be a beautiful wedding. Can't wait to see some of the family I haven't seen in a year.

That's all for now....off to play some with Berni.

1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

I am so happy that you have found an escape hatch, and it comes with friends!! love ya MORE than a siesta!! K